Warranty & Returns
Cascadia Vehicle Tents provides a limited 24-month manufacturer's warranty for CVT product and defects in material and manufacturing, so you may explore the rooftop revolution assured. This 2-year protection begins on the original date of purchase on tents and awnings, and is defined by the following parameters:
- Merchandise must have been purchased directly from CVT. This warranty is not transferable through any other transaction.
- Coverage extends exclusively to component failure resulting from faulty manufacturing. CVT cannot protect against damage incurred by acts of nature, accident, tampering, misuse, overloading, cosmetic blemishing, or improper cleaning or storage, etcetera.
- CVT does not warranty issues generated by normal wear and tear, (including, but not limited to, scratches, dents, tears, and cosmetic oxidation or fading,) inappropriate use of vehicle and alterations not authorized by CVT.
- A reasonable amount of proof must be supplied to validate the claim.
- CVT can either repair or replace the unit in question at their discretion.
- In rare cases, CVT may elect to refund the original purchase price, not including the cost of shipping and handling, instead of rendering repair or replacement services. CVT can also offer store credit as an alternative per customer preference.
- If the product is to be returned to CVT for service, the owner of the product assumes the cost and liability of the return freighting. Return shipment damage is the unfortunate responsibility of the consignor.
- Products not CVT branded are warrantied by their respective manufacturer.
- Any direct or indirect damage caused by actions outside the specifications stated above and in CVT's Gear Guidelines is not covered by this warranty.
- CVT's dedication to work with you to solve what concerns may arise, however, will continue.
CVT accepts returns of CVT products within 30 days of purchase under the following conditions:
- Unused Products ~ products must be unused, in original packaging, and in brand-new condition, and must be returned within 30 days of purchase. Once CVT receives the item back, it will be inspected and if found to be unused, in it’s original packaging and in brand-new condition, a full refund (minus shipping) will be issued.
- Used Products ~ CVT also accepts returns of CVT products within 30 days of purchase if the item has been opened/used.
- A restocking fee of 30% may apply.
- CVT reserves the right to inspect the item to validate condition and reduce refund amount based on the extent of any excessive wear and tear and/or damage.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to arrange return shipment and the costs associated with returning the item(s).
- Any damage that may occur during return shipping is the customer's responsibility to address with the freight company. We cannot process refunds on damaged items; damaged items will be returned to the customer. When shipping an item valued at over $100, using a trackable shipping/freight service with shipping insurance is highly recommended.