Shipping & Delivery
- Used for all tents, large replacement parts and/or larger awnings.
- Shipped via FedEx or Old Dominion (ODFL).
- May be shipped to residential or business addresses OR
- May be picked up from nearest freight terminal.
- This is used for all products EXCEPT tents, large replacement parts and/or larger awnings.
- Standard delivery (no expediting).
- Shipped via USPS or FedEx.
- Shipped directly to the address provided.
- No signature is required.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE SELECTING THE SHIPPING METHOD
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - ANY CHANGES IN DELIVERY ADDRESS, TIMES OR DATES ARE SUBJECT TO ADDITIONAL DELIVERY FEES AND MAY DELAY THE SHIPMENT!
SHIPPING TO A RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
- Please consider the road and area in which the tent is being delivered. Keep in mind the road must be able to accommodate a 24-40 foot freight truck - turning around, pulling in, backing up, etc.
- You or someone that you appoint (over 18 years and whose judgement you trust) MUST be present to inspect and sign for/accept delivery, as items will NOT be left without a signature.
- THIS IS THE TIME TO INSPECT AND NOTE ANY DAMAGE TO THE SHIPPING BOX THAT COULD INDICATE TENT DAMAGE. PLEASE TAKE PICTURES OF THE DAMAGED BOX.
- You will be contacted by the local freight terminal, (typically a day or two prior to the delivery date,) to set up a 4 hour delivery window. The freight company will NOT contact you during that window to alert you of arrival time - they can simply show up at any time during this window.
- Included in the cost of shipping is the use of a lift gate, meaning the tent will be brought down to the ground from the shipping truck. From there, it will be your responsibility to move it to the location of your choice, (without the assistance of the delivery driver,) so please ensure there is someone (or 2) able to move this heavy tent to a safe location.
- The freight company will not contact you prior to delivery, no appointment will be made, and the item(s) can arrive at any time during normal business hours, typically 9am - 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- When selecting a commercial address, please ensure that YOU or someone that you appoint (over 18 years and whose judgement you trust) will be available at this location at any given time during normal business hours, as someone MUST be present to inspect and sign for/accept delivery. Items will NOT be left without a signature.
Please be aware that picking up at a freight terminal near you IS an option. You can either call the CVT sales office closest to you for assistance in locating the freight terminal nearest you, or search the web - just be sure it is a FREIGHT terminal.
Benefits of picking up at a terminal:
- If you choose the convenience of receiving the item at the freight terminal, your shipping costs will be substantially less, as they will not include residential and lift gate charges.
- The freight company will notify you when your item arrives.
- Typically you are allowed 3 days in which to pick it up.
- You may pick up your item at any time while the terminal is open.
- The freight terminal usually has extended business hours.
- You may take as long as you'd like to inspect the package.
- They will help you load it!
If you are picking up your package from the freight terminal you may take as long as you'd like to inspect the package. If you're receiving the package at your home or work location, you are legally allowed 15 minutes to inspect for product damage, so please do NOT let the driver rush you, as it is imperative that you make a thorough inspection with your allotted time!
Your shipping cost only covers the delivery of the item to the ground. It is your responsibility to move the item from there. If the delivery driver provides ANY assistance beyond this, additional charges will be incurred.
We make every effort to ensure each shipment that leaves our warehouse is 100% complete, accurate, and has been carefully and professionally packaged to protect the product and prevent damage. However, mishandling by the carriers can sometimes result in damage that we have no control over, so it is CRITICAL that you inspect all pallets and/or cargo boxes thoroughly, and take photos of EVERYTHING whether you keep the product, or choose to return or refuse it, including but not limited to photos of the package on the truck, photos during delivery, all sides of the package, etcetera.
We strongly encourage you to open the package and inspect the item for damage, taking photos of everything.
IF THERE IS VISIBLE DAMAGE TO THE PACKAGE you may open the package for further inspection.
By law you or your trusted and able-bodied assignee are allowed 15 minutes to inspect for product damage. Please do NOT let the driver rush you, as it is imperative that you make a thorough inspection with your allotted time! And the driver MAY NOT assist you.
If the item is damaged and you still want to keep it, then it is absolutely imperative that you notate any and all damage to the product and packaging, and the extent of the damage, on the shipper's delivery document (BOL) and have the driver sign it before you sign. If this is not done you WILL NOT be able to file a claim with the freight company, and you will own the product in the condition for which you signed for it.
IT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE YOU REQUEST THE EXCEPTION / CLAIM NUMBER FROM THE DRIVER, AS THIS IS PROOF THE CLAIM HAS BEEN FILED AND WITHOUT THIS YOUR CLAIM WILL LIKELY BE DENIED.
Damaged freight and original packaging MUST be available for inspection and/or salvage until the conclusion of the claim.
It has been our experience that customers who have personally filed claims with the freight carrier have a very high success rate in being reasonably compensated for what can be cosmetic (not structural) damage. While we cannot file the claim for you, we are happy to assist you throughout the claim process as best we can.
If there are any items missing from your shipment, please note all items that are missing on the POD before the driver leaves, and contact us immediately so we may contact the carrier and have them search for the missing items.
If the package is severely damaged you obviously have the right to refuse the shipment, however checking with us to discuss availability of a replacement or alternative product before refusing is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated!
When refusing shipment, again, please notate any and all damage to the product and packaging, and the extent of the damage, the shipper's delivery document (BOL) and take as many photos as is necessary to sufficiently document the extent of damage.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Welcome to the CVT Family!